Saturday, June 13, 2009

This is Water, This is Water. . . .

Melancholy bubbles to my surface like sea foam,
green-blue with the algae of
regret. It pollutes me,
mucking up my hair
whenever I break the surface.
So I dive.
Swim down through the various strata of marine life,
past the ugly hammerhead sharks of jealousy
and the gigantic tunafish of indifference,
their scales gleaming blue and pink,
glittering metallic bodies
cutting through the water with
life threatening complacency.
I swim past them
down to the dark depths of my ocean,
where the fish are luminescent and clear,
with steak-knife teeth and mailbox jaws;
down where the water pressure
crushes the exo-skeleton I've built
and washes away the algae;
and I become the fish.
Skin pigment fades to blank, iridescent glow
emanates from my transparent body. I am
Resplendent. Crystal.

No comments:

Post a Comment